“Be careful with the things you only get one of.” While this applies to a lot of things in life, it is especially true when it comes to how I try to execute my work here at Alley. As a scrum master and Agile Process Leader, my role is to serve a Scrum team by
Last year was a wonderful one for Alley. We accomplished a lot—so much so that we had to take a month or two to bring it all together for this post! Here are some of the highlights.
- 30 sites launched
- 12,713 JIRA tickets resolved—that’s just under 50 per workday!
- 1,287,899 Slack messages sent—this is actually about half a million fewer than last year. Perhaps we’re being more efficient with our communication? Either way, it’s still 2.5 messages per minute over the course of the year
- 12 new Alley employees
- 4 moves from state to state. Here’s the overall change, across the country, from staff moves and hiring, December 31, 2016, to December 31, 2017
- 27 events attended—in locations ranging from Key Biscayne, Florida, all the way up to Edmonton, Alberta. Many of these we sponsored, but others we just attended to learn
- 40 countries visited—while we’re all based in the U.S. and Canada, as a team we went to many places around the world in 2017, including one team member who participated in the Remote Year program. We hit 6 out of the 7 continents (sorry, Antarctica) and traveled countries from Argentina to (New) Zealand
We’ll also be making another big announcement soon, so stay tuned—2018 is going to be another one for the record books.