How does a fully remote company interview its job candidates? Using one of the tools we use every day – Slack. We discuss how best to approach this final interview, from both sides.
Last year was a wonderful one for Alley. We accomplished a lot—so much so that we had to take a month or two to bring it all together for this post! Here are some of the highlights.
- 30 sites launched
- 12,713 JIRA tickets resolved—that’s just under 50 per workday!
- 1,287,899 Slack messages sent—this is actually about half a million fewer than last year. Perhaps we’re being more efficient with our communication? Either way, it’s still 2.5 messages per minute over the course of the year
- 12 new Alley employees
- 4 moves from state to state. Here’s the overall change, across the country, from staff moves and hiring, December 31, 2016, to December 31, 2017
- 27 events attended—in locations ranging from Key Biscayne, Florida, all the way up to Edmonton, Alberta. Many of these we sponsored, but others we just attended to learn
- 40 countries visited—while we’re all based in the U.S. and Canada, as a team we went to many places around the world in 2017, including one team member who participated in the Remote Year program. We hit 6 out of the 7 continents (sorry, Antarctica) and traveled countries from Argentina to (New) Zealand
We’ll also be making another big announcement soon, so stay tuned—2018 is going to be another one for the record books.