Senior User Experience Developer Jo Murgel created a short video course to explore a simple usage of Styled Components. Check it out!
2020 was certainly not anyone’s favorite year. The way many of us live and work changed totally, and that was no different for us here at Alley.
We usually take this time to share some of our successes and exciting announcements for the year, but instead we’ll be looking back at some ways we, and our clients, tried to make the world a little better in 2020.
- We embarked on a more defined quest to embed Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) efforts in all areas of Alley’s business. This is a multi-faceted approach, and you can read more about this from Sarah Rose Belok, Director of Team Learning and People Development.
- We donated to a number of organizations that we feel support our values and make a strong difference in the world today. We applaud the critical work these organizations are doing to serve our civil society. These groups are making a meaningful impact by:
- Defending the free press and protecting the first amendment – Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press;
- Protecting the rights of journalists to report the news safely and without fear of reprisal – The Committee to Protect Journalists;
- Fighting to end mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the United States – Equal Justice Initiative;
- Providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth – The Trevor Project;
- Bringing quality health care to the world’s most vulnerable communities – Partners in Health;
- Fighting for Freedom, Liberation and Justice for all peoples – Black Lives Matter; and
- Expanding democracy, eliminating disparities, and achieving racial justice in a society that fulfills the promise of equality for all Americans – NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
- We continued to share our remote work experience with those that may be less familiar, or less comfortable, with the work-from-home life.
- Direct Relief became the largest nonprofit provider of medical materials, such as personal protective equipment (PPE), having delivered more than 43 million masks, 7 million gloves, and millions of other PPE items free-of-charge to health workers on the frontlines of the pandemic.
- ADDitude provided necessary service journalism to its community, especially as parents and children are dealing with new challenges of learning from home.
- KFF has been actively working to share information on COVID-19 and the vaccination effort with the world.
- Brookings published their 2020 Policy report as well as information on economic recovery during and after the pandemic.
We are optimistic about what 2021 will bring, whether it’s a return to normalcy or not quite. Either way, Alley will be there for our clients, our team, our friends and our family throughout the months, whatever this year will throw at us. Let’s move forward into it together!