One of the reasons I love Alley is because they provide opportunities for you to attend incredible conferences like RenderATL.
2016 was an exciting and productive year for Alley Interactive. Here’s a look back at some of the milestones we passed in the past 12 months.
- Number of Alley site launches: 25. This year we built and launched 25 new or redesigned sites, including brookings.edu, people.com, denverpost.com, decider.com, mercurynews.com, ew.com, and twincities.com!
- Alley team members: 53. Last year at this time, Alley had 44 people on our team. Today we’re at 53, a 20% increase over 2015.
- Number of states: 19. Alley Interactive is a distributed company. While our headquarters are in NYC, our team members work throughout the country. In 2016 we added team members in Texas, Washington, Maine, and Florida bringing our total to 19 states with Alley representation.
- Number of countries: 2. The Alley team expanded into Canada this year, with our first international team member based in British Columbia.
This pie chart using Simplechart shows the number of team members in each state and province.
- Number of events sponsored by Alley: 10. The events we sponsored this year include ONA 2016, SRCCON, and the Digiday Publishing Summit.
- Number of Slack messages: 1.7 million. We use Slack as our main internal communication tool. This year, our team sent 1.7 million messages back and forth, or 6,800 per work day!
- Number of internal migrations: 1. This summer, we moved our system from Redmine to JIRA and Harvest. Read more about it in our blog post about the change.
- Number of new Alley babies born throughout the year: 2. Welcome to the Alley family Henry and Maxwell!
Thanks to all of our clients, partners, and team members for all their hard work in 2016. We’re looking forward to building on our success in 2017.