Team MAGIC, or “The Magicians” (as they are known within Alley) found themselves with a rare opportunity to link their in-person retreat with the American Alliance of Museums yearly conference in New Orleans. Team Magic has worked on many museum projects and a few members of the team were speaking at the conference last year. So, instead of choosing a random city somewhere in the continental United States of America, the Magicians set their sites on the birthplace of jazz.
Another year down! Our ninth year was a spectacular one for Alley, with many new milestones, exciting projects, and growth for our team. Here are some of the highlights from our 2019 in review!
- 30 new team members
- 30,548 production story points resolved
- 82,978 production hours logged
- 159 Donut Buddy meetings had
- 3,272 messages quoted by Alleybot
- 5 new team babies
- Our first ebook, all about remote work!
- Our first webinar, with our friends at ONA!
- Our first year for individual team retreats (read about our trips to Phoenix, Portland, and DC on our blog!)
As you might know, 2020 is our tenth anniversary! We celebrated the official day on January 6, 2020, and we’re having our all-staff retreat celebration in a few weeks in Cancun! Stay tuned throughout the year for some great memories and surprises from the past ten years – and thoughts on what’s to come in the next ten!